Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Meatus is stuck together a lot - STD, UTI, or other?

topgun68 - Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:03 pm

I am 36 yr old male. last 2 weeks, I have noticed that the opening of my penis gets stuck together often throughout the day. when i open it up, i notice 'slight' stickiness and it gets stuck again and again throughout the day.

I don't feel any pain when I urinate, other than missing my target a lot due to the meatus being stuck together and taking a second or two to be lubricated as urine exits the opening. I haven't seen any discharge other than the faint sticky substance that seems to make the opening stuck. It doesn't seem like there is any other rash or redness at or around the penis opening.

I have had one partner for some time now and she doesn't have any symptoms or pain. Only thing unusual in the past 2-3 weeks have been that both my partner and I had a bad cold/flu and have given each other oral sex during this time.

P.S. I know I am told that I don't drink a lot of water.. something I have never done much.. and I have had a nasty cold for 2-3 weeks.

Can this be STD? or any other harmless explanation?

thank you
 Lisa K, RN - Fri May 20, 2005 10:49 pm

User avatar Hello,

To be on the safe side, I'd suggest you your/a doctor.....have this checked out, they can culture (test) the "sticky" substance and see if it's something bacterial, an STD, etc. Seeing a doc is the only definitive way to figure this out.

Let us know how it turns out.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us