Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Meatus is stuck together a lot - STD, UTI, or other?

topgun68 - Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:03 pm

I am 36 yr old male. last 2 weeks, I have noticed that the opening of my penis gets stuck together often throughout the day. when i open it up, i notice 'slight' stickiness and it gets stuck again and again throughout the day.

I don't feel any pain when I urinate, other than missing my target a lot due to the meatus being stuck together and taking a second or two to be lubricated as urine exits the opening. I haven't seen any discharge other than the faint sticky substance that seems to make the opening stuck. It doesn't seem like there is any other rash or redness at or around the penis opening.

I have had one partner for some time now and she doesn't have any symptoms or pain. Only thing unusual in the past 2-3 weeks have been that both my partner and I had a bad cold/flu and have given each other oral sex during this time.

P.S. I know I am told that I don't drink a lot of water.. something I have never done much.. and I have had a nasty cold for 2-3 weeks.

Can this be STD? or any other harmless explanation?

thank you
 Lisa K, RN - Fri May 20, 2005 10:49 pm

To be on the safe side, I'd suggest you your/a doctor.....have this checked out, they can culture (test) the "sticky" substance and see if it's something bacterial, an STD, etc. Seeing a doc is the only definitive way to figure this out.

Let us know how it turns out.