Question: Burning in Penis constant feeling of need to urinate

Medic2233 - Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:33 am

Hello , I have been having in the tip of my penis after urination . Also I am having a feeling of a "full rectum"

When I urinate somtimes alot comes out other times just drops , it feels as if I need to "push" the urine for it to come out . Also I feel the need to urinate constantly even after I just used the restroom .

This problem has been going on for about a year now however the burning and fullness in the rectum is new . The urge to urinate constantly is so bad I cannot sleep .

I have been looking online and maybe think it could be prostatitis ? If you can give me any help I would be grateful this is very painful and it is controling my entire life.

Thank you very much.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:06 pm

The incidence of true urinary tract infections (UTI) in adult males < 50 years of age is low, in the absence of anatomical abnormalities of the urinary tract. In this group, the symptoms such as dysuria or urinary frequency are usually due to sexually transmitted disease (STD)–related infections involving the urethra, prostate or the seminal vesicles, as well as other infections.

The symptoms such as fullness in the rectum, pain around the anus or vague pain in the perineum may result from chronic prostatitis.

Chronic prostatitis often coexists with chronic seminal vesiculitis, urethritis or cystitis.

Chronic seminal vesiculitis: is the most common complication of chronic prostatitis. In the chronic state, the two often coexist.Pain arising form the seminal vesicles may be referred to the tip of the penis.

Therefore, you need to consult your doctor and have yourself examined and tested at the earliest.
Bestwishes!