Question: Varicocelectomy & Masturbation

youngmaan - Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:35 am

hi im 16 and i had open surgery varicocele repair on my left testicle.they made an incision on my groin and cut veins and tied them off. it has been 11 days since my surgery and i think i doing fine in my recovery. but like 4 days ago my incision began to leak a small amount of red thing. idk if its blood or not. but then it was gone in just couple hours. and it never happened again. now i have had many erections lately because i get aroused really really easily. im wondering if its okay to masturbate now? i don't want to mess up anything so yah. if you could help please reply soon. im worried and my erections keep coming and i want to just masturbate so that it goes away .
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:07 pm

During a varicocele surgery only the veins of the pampiniform plexus are divided and utmost care is taken to avoid damaging the vas deference and the testicular arterial supply. Thus, nothing is done to the pathway for the passage for the sperms from the testis. As far as recommendations regarding resumption of sexual activity following surgery, no firm, universally accepted "cutoff" point exists.One often quoted time frame 1 week. However, opinions in practice, vary between surgeons mostly on a case to case basis.
You may click on the following URL to read my earlier response to a similar query.
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=42602&hilit=+varicocelectomy+sex