Question: burning while ejaculation

Mushu786 - Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:06 pm

When i masturbate i don't have any problems but when i am about to ejaculate i feel burning above my penis and under my stomach (area between stomach and penis and no pain in the penis). I feel very pressurized there and when i ejaculate i feel that burning sensation. I haven't ever felt this so i was very concerned. I masturbate a lot like twice day and 7 days a week. I don't if that is the problem but sometime i don't cum when i feel like it and stop and than start again so i can last it longer. Please help me i am very concern about this thanks!!!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:05 am

Your symptoms are rather non-specific but, at least warrant investigating for prostatitis +/- seminal vesiculitis.

The National Institute of Health (NIH) classification of Prostatitis is as follows.

Acute bacterial prostatitis (Category 1) - a potentially serious condition and should treated promptly.
Chronic bacterial prostatitis (Category 2) - This is less severe than the acute form and its symptoms are slow to develop.
Chronic non-bacterial prostatitis (Category 3) - Also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome(CPPS)or prostatodynia.
Asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis (Category 4) – This is a very mild condition and may resolve itself without requiring any treatment.

Nonbacterial prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain syndrome are more common than bacterial prostatitis, and their etiologies are largely unknown. Treatment for nonbacterial forms is primarily symptomatic.

The common symptoms of CPPS include
- mild discomfort to intense pain commonly in the suprapubic area, perineum, and penis but can also occur in the groin, testes, or low back.
- pain or a burning sensation during/after ejaculation(most prominent and bothersome symptom in many patients),
- obstructive and irritative voiding symptoms including poor interrupted flow, hesitancy, urgency, and frequency, and
- Erectile dysfunction and sexual disturbances (impotence).

Intraprostatic ductal reflux:
Reflux of urine and possibly bacteria into the prostatic ducts has been postulated as one of the most important etiologic mechanisms involved in the pathogenesis of chronic bacterial and nonbacterial prostatic inflammation.

Your practice of suppressing ejaculation to prolong the sexual activity might have led to intraprostatic ductal reflux and predisposed you to develop a CPPS.

Seminal vesiculitis is an important complication of prostatitis. Sometimes they may co-exist.

You must consult a urologist who would in all probability, is likely to investigate you to exclude these two conditions. The tests may include cultures and microscopic examination of the expressed prostatic secretion (EPS) and semen for pathogens.