Question: cure for BXO?

jasonw - Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:42 pm

I joined this forum to ask a more important question but while I'm here may I ask another?

I have been told by my urologist that there is no cure for BXO. Having searched the internet I see reports of claims that laser treatment and sometimes steroid applications can improve the condition.

Should I get refered to a different consultant urologist or is my current doctor correct?

Thanks for your time,
J
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 am

I will simply modify your doctor's statement and say thus:
"to the best of my knowledge, so far, there is no treatment that has proven to be consistently successful in all cases of BXO in the long term, corrects all the disabling symptoms, and completely halts the progression of the disease".