Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Pain after ejaculation

 gr45 - Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Hey. I'm 17 years old I have only ever had sex with my current girlfriend and have been tested for STD's as a result of this problem the tests came back negative.

Everytime I ejaculate whether this be via intercourse or masturbation I experience a sharp burning pain inside the shaft of my penis this pain is eased by me self medicating two ibroprofen tablets straight after ejaculation but that only slightly numbs the pain. Another relief I find is sitting on the toilet for sometimes hourse just urinating little bits and finally sitting still and doing nothing for hours occupying my mind as best I can. But all these have not abolished the pain with any real effectivness.

The pain started about a two years and a few months ago, I was a virgin at the time and had previously had no trouble when masturbating with regards to pain but all of the sudden it started and was horrible. Slowly I realised it was not a one off.
It is annoying to say the least espeically on my girlfriend who feels bad for causing the pain after we have sex and as you can imagine I'm pretty usless during the pain afterwards.

Due to the relief I feel with constant urination I have a feeling it is a problem with my ureatha, I did see my GP a few months back of which she made me an appointment at my local GUM clinic and I have the tests (negative) and when I saw GP again she said that she simply didn't know and that some people just get pains in that way.
I have also tried refraining from ejaculating for two and a half weeks in a hope that it might help which it didn't the pain was just as intense.

I just need to know what's wrong with me and if there is any hope of fixing it, it has turned something that a 17 year old should love into a painful and negative experience. And as you can imagine it would be impractical for me to simply not ejaculate.
Thank You.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:55 am

User avatar Hi,
Your symptoms suggest a possibility of underlying prostatitis.
Kindly refer to my response to a similar query by using the following URL.

If you need any further clarification, kindly do contact us again.
Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us