Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: epididymytis

jay1pizza - Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:20 am

Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with epididymytis and went thru testicle
swelling and chest pain but was told I did not get the infection sexually.
I was administered doxycycline and told that symptons would go
away on their own after treatment and followup.It has been seven
mths since diagnosis but I still have just a little bit of swelling and
tenderness and what I'm mostly concern about the roof of my mouth
feels rough when I lick my tongue across it and there are tiny little
red patch spots.I noticed this came on when I was infected and want
to know what will cure this?
 Lisa K, RN - Fri May 20, 2005 10:54 pm

User avatar Hi there,

The best advice is that you should go back to your doctor and tell him about the continued swelling and discomfort to your testicle.

As for the roughness and red spots to the roof of your mouth, again - this is something that needs to be actually "seen" by a doctor, to know what it is. I doubt there's a connection between this and your testicle situation, it might just be a coincidence - nevertheless, see your doctor for follow-up.