Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Penis shape properties (Deformation)

 Abdelrahman1993 - Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:19 pm


My question is regarding my penis properties. My penis curves downwards when erect and slightly to the left. Starting at my body it takes an arch up and then slopes downwards. I experience no pain or discomfort during urinating, nor ejaculation.

Another concern is my girth. At the first 2 inches of my penis the girth is 1/3 the girth of my penis in their last 5 inches. So it begins small and lumps a afterwords. I have no history of any penis problems, however i went to see a doctor but he only examined me at a flaccid state.

Im not sure if the curve is a "safe" curve and require professional advice. Moreover is it normal for the girth to be irregular through out the whole penis? What can i do do decrease arching of the penis? and how necessary is it?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:42 pm

User avatar Hi,
It appears that you have a congenital curvature of the penis without hypospadias.Congenital penile curvature (CPC) is usually due to disproportion of length of the tunica albuginea (fibrous envelope) of the corpora cavernosa. Patients with CPC usually begin to notice deviation of the erect penis when they reach adolescence. The condition is usually mild and causes no symptoms. However, severe penile degrees of deviation during erection can cause difficulties and discomfort during sexual intercourse and psychological trauma necessitating correction.

The curvature of the penis in CPC may be ventral, dorsal or lateral. If the curvature is severe and causing difficulties, then, a variety of surgical procedures are available for correction.

The shape of the penis that you are describing is also most probably congenital. Consult a urologist for a definitive diagnosis. However, kindly go through one of my replies to a somewhat similar query by clicking on the following URL.
Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us