Question: URINATING DIFFICULTIES

soman - Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:28 am

Dear doctor,
Since last 3 to 4 weeks I am having problem to urinate, feeling that i didnt empty the blader, burning sensation felt, blood test confirmed no infection, stone etc. still had one course of antibiotic, increased the water intake to 3 ltrs, having constipation nad hyper gas along with it, some time mild lower left abdominal pain, having more fibre food, last one week i was ok, 2 days before again feeling the same, taking hot bath relieves this to some extend, every 2 hr i have urinate, night i need to get up 3 times, I am male and 44, my wt 75 Kg and 174cm ht. like these problem i never had before, staying alone and thinking always about this, i use to masterbate 2 to 3 times a week. after every 5 months u use to be with wife and having normal sex.
please reply as early as possible
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:04 am

User avatar Hello Soman,The prostate gland is a sexual gland in front of the rectum and just below the bladder.This gland has two lobes which sandwich the upper urethra.During puberty the first physiological enlargement occurs,and then in early middle age.During ejaculation prostate contracts which makes up the seminal fluid, along with sperms from the testes.
When we age the prostate can get enlarged and cause problems like urgency,hesitancy,dribbling,bladder dysfunction,and possible secondary infection.It would be advisable therefore for you to get a rectal examination as a routine check up and a cystoscopy..BPH ie Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy needs to be ruled out since it can lead to bladder obstruction.