Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Slight discharge/burning

 WorriedMale - Sun May 22, 2005 2:39 pm

HI, I am a 34 year old male normally good health. Recently I noticed a slight burning after urination in the tip of the penis. The next day I noticed some slight yellow stains in underpants. It seems like a clear discharge, but dries slightly yellow. No rash or bumps or soreness anywhere. No sudden urgency or frequency in urinating. No painful erection or ejaculation either. I did some internet searches on symptoms and everything I have read says it is an STD. I would think an STD would be out of the question because I have been in a monogamous relationship with my wife for 10 years now. (yes we both have been completely faithful, not even an issue) and neither have ever had any type of STD's in the past.

My wife is just getting over being sick and taking antibiotics. If she possibly had a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis, would it be possible my symptoms arouse from intercourse? I know we should both go to the doctor, but our health insurance doesn't start for another month. We are both a little worried and looking for advice. Sorry for this trainwreck of a post, just nervous. I hope I placed this in the right forum and gave enough info.


Edit: allergic to penicillin.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon May 23, 2005 9:47 am

User avatar Hi WorriedMale,
Fungal/ yeast infections may cause symptoms such as you described in both men and women. There are clinics and heath care facilities that assist people with evaluations when they are uninsured/underinsured. Call your local health care facility and inquire if they have any programs in place or a suggestion where you could receive an evaluation (which I would suggest you have).

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us