Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: bladder pain?

moi_manuel - Tue May 31, 2005 2:41 am

I have been having pain near my bladder for the past years. I have a very highly active bladder.When i get this pain near my bladder, it feels like if a pressure is being placed there. I generally get this feeling when I need to go poop but don't. What could I have? Should i visit a doctor?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:45 pm

User avatar I assume from your name you are male - how old are you? If you are middle aged or older, have you had a recent prostate exam and PSA? A very common condition called Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH) occurs in many men. This may or may not be it, there is no way to tell for sure without beng examined by a doctor. Overactive bladder is also an affliction of people this age.

Are you having any trouble urinating such as discomfort, feeling like you haven't emptied your bladder, trouble getting good stream, anything?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us