Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: do I have a kidney infection??

dizzidezi24 - Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:52 am

For about a week now I have woke up in the morning and my back hurts and sometimes my sides and I have to use the restroom. sometimes it happens through out the day also. I will feel like I have to go to the bathroom real bad but then when I go it isn't much. it doesn't hurt to go to the bathroom though. my husband is in the military so when I make doctor appointments they never have any open for a few weeks. can I wait that long or should I tell them I need to get in now?? thanks
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:25 pm

User avatar You have got to see a doctor now, preferably today. Kidney infections are very serious if left untreated. If it is in your kidneys, you will become very sick, if bad enough you may have to be hospitalized. I'm sure wherever you are, there is an emergency room.