Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: lump on my teste or connecting tube

 victorinchina - Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:29 am

I'm a 34 year-old Canadian living and working in Dongguan, China. Recently, I noticed a rather large, and irregular lump on or near my left teste. The lump seems almost flat and circular, like a thick disc, rather than round. In the past week, my testes had felt a little sore and sensitive, especially my left teste, then this morning I noticed that there was a hard, lump at the bottom of my left teste and I can't determine if it's actually on the teste itself or on a connecting tube or vein. I'm quite converned about it.

I have not had any major health problems; however, I've been a heavy consistent smoker for many years and I'm also a fairly heavy beer drinker. The only real health problem I've had was several years ago when I was having chest pains and was informed by a doctor that if I didn't cut down on smoking I would be in danger of getting emphezema(sorry about the spelling!). That problem hasn't reccurred again, though I haven't cut down on the smoking!

If anyone has any advice or information about my problem, I would gratefully appreaciate it.

Thank you sincerely for any help.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:10 am

User avatar Most likely is it on the epidydimus, that's the tube that connects to the teste. If it is, you probably have epidydimitis, which can be painful and doesn't go away by itself, but there are several other things it could be, including testicular cancer. We can only speculate, you do need to see a doctor, it's very dangerous to let any kind of lump on the testes remain undiagnosed.
 victorinchina - Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:36 am

Thanks so much for your care and expertise. I am suspecting now that this may be a case o fepidydimitis. However, I have never really experienced any pain, only a sensitivity. I also failed to mention that I had earlier experienced an itching, ticklish feeling that seemed to come within my penis and than later could only be faintly detected in the area between my scrotum and anus. I had first experienced that about two months ago, shortly after having unprotected sex with someone I know to be quite conservative, but who had a sexual relationship with someone about a year earlier before we met. Now, two months later, the itching is barely noticeable, only if I press the area between my scotum and anus, and then in the past week, especially this morning, I have detected the lump and sensitivity. Are all these symptoms of epidydimitis or testicular cancer?

I just wish to go armed with some probable scenarios to the doctor's office, as I have already had a tooth abcess misdiagnosed by a Chinese dentist here. (Not to suggest that Chinese medical practitioners are lacking in expertise - but more that I have difficulty distinguishing the wheat from the chaff here! )

As well, I should mention that I had once gone into a clinic two years earlier because I was feeling a rather solid feeling in my kidney or stomach area - literally something that felt like a stone. I was alarmed that it could actually be a kidney stone caused by my drinking, but the doctor informed me that it was just built up acids, but not an actual kidney stone.

Thanks again you for your advice and expertise.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:58 pm

User avatar You're very welcome!

The "itching" within your penis can possibly be urethritis (inflammation of the urethra, or an infection) or early prostatis, with the itching around your perineum. The itching could also be some kind of allergy or contact irritant to the skin. If it is urethritis or prostatitis it can be treated with antibiotics. Tell your doctor about this, also.
 victorinchina - Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:05 am

Thanks again for your help. And I will cartainly heed your advice and see a doctor, Doctor!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us