Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Discomfort in scrotum and dent in penis??

dan_guitar - Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:59 pm

I'm 19 and have been having a lot of discomfort in my scrotum and also my abdomen. The first thing I could think of was that I had cancer, so I went to my physician and she checked and found no lumps or anything. She wanted me to get a testicular sonogram just in case but I'm not insured at the moment and can't afford that.

It's like a heavy/dull, aching sensation in my scrotum and lower abdomen. Sometimes it gets so bad it feels like I've just been kicked in the groin.

There is no cancer running in my family, but my grandfather was recently diagnosed with it, but he also smoked for about 50 years.

I also recently found a small dent on the top of my penis that was never there before. It's like a small dimple about half an inch or more in diameter. It's not very noticable unless I'm erect, but I can still feel it.

I've also had a number of other symptoms that might be related:

Constipation
Sometimes small, pellet-like bowel movements
Cloudy urine
Sharp pain in tip of penis (not very often)
Slight burning sensation in tip of penis (not very often)
Lower back pain and pain in pelvis which is pretty constant

I'd appreciate any help you might be able to give me.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:27 pm

You have missed one important information in your post which could assist us: are you sexually active and have you had unprotected oral or vaginal sex in the last 6 weeks?

Dr Anthony Solomon
 dan_guitar - Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:21 pm

No and no
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:43 pm

A testicular and pelvic sonogram are indicated as well as urethral and urine tests. Please get examined by a urologist or genitourinary physician. It may also be helpful to read this post:
https://www.doctorslounge.com/forums/vie ... php?t=6501

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine