Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Is this a UTI?

ebonyangel - Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:36 pm

I think I might have posted this in the wrong forum yesterday (Gyn) where I think it should be here....

ebonyangel wrote:I've been noticing strange symptoms that I don't usually experience: there's a consistent pain (as if you have a completely full bladder, that's the feeling, except my bladder is completely empty), and just today I noticed what appeared to be a bit of bleeding, although I menstruated the first week of July, and I stay consistent with my bleedings (every 33-35 days and last for around a week, at longest have been two weeks in length, and are always heavy).
This pain keeps me around the bathroom a lot, and only ceased for a few hours yesterday afternoon/evening. I have no clue what is going on, I'm not on contraceptive pills or any sort of medication, I'm in my late teens, and unsure of what to do about this.

Please, if you have any information that might help me, let me know!

Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:49 pm

Are you sexually active and have you had unprotected sex recently? Where is the pain located - in the lower abdomen or at the introitus? Any burning sensation on passing urine? Any vaginal discharge or vulvar discomfort?

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 tricks - Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:10 am

I am having an issue with my latest urine test results, My GP claimed that I do not have an infection and I have an overactive bladder...BUT after showing the results page to another GP they claimed that YES! I do have an infection?...HELP

Have urgency, (go to the toilet only to find there is under 150mls there)
Waking 2-3 times per night.....
No leakage during the day....
Wet the bed twice in the past 18 months..1 other time woke just in time
Specialist claims my pelvic floor is very strong.
I have had a ultra sound....bladder does empty...went from 450mls to 14mls......
Am 28 years old...no children...within my weight range for height.

This is exactly what my test results said:

URINE CHEMISTRY
Glulose......Not detected
Protein.......Not detected
PH.............7
Blood.........Trace

URINE MICROSCOPY (Phase Contrast)
Leucocytes x 10^6/L...........................>1,000
Erythrocytes x 10^6/L.........................<12
Rods..................................................... 2+

Does it make sense to you?......Would apprieciate any feedback......