Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: What do I have? Please help

 Tiffany - Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:36 pm

I am 23 yrs old and have alot of problems going on. I have endromitriosis. But now the doctors think I have IC. But i don't know what I have. I am losing my hair. I have servere stomach pain and I am really tired. My pains have gotten worse in the last 6 Months they are every day now instead of 2 or 3 times a week. I go to school but I had to go on a leave of absence because i have missed so much of school. If I am in the sun to long I start feeling sick and I get really bad headaches. My muscles hurt all the time now more in my legs though. I cant do anything with out regreting it later. I cant pick up my son or play with him or do alot of house work without being in pain. I have lost 3 jobs because of this. Please help me find out what is wrong with me.
 daisey001 - Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. First let me tell you that I'm NOT a DR. However, I have alot of the same symptoms that you are having. My Dr. thought that I had endometrosis, so she sent me to have a CAT scan to rule it out. Come to find out, I have a complex cyst on my right kidney and a cyst on my left ovary. I have headaches every day. My back hurts, my legs ache, I have a period every 3 weeks. The stomach pain is not as bad as the rest of it. I can deal with it. I also get sick when in the sun but sometimes I just get sick from the headaches. I would suggest that you go to another Dr. I would suggest a urologist or someone that specializes in internal med. I hope things get better for you. I know how it can be living with these symptoms. I'm only 29 yrs old , I'm married with 3 kids. I can't do any of the things that I use to enjoy doing. I can't play with my children and I am often moody because of the pain. I will be praying for you and your family and I hope you can find out what's going on.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us