Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Frequent Urination

bcass15 - Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:52 pm

Lately i have been urinating much more than i am used to. I proably have to go to the bathroom or have the urge every hour and after i go i still feel "full." I have no pain whatsoever when i urinate and it always seems to be a pretty good amount not just a dribble. It had stopped for about a week or so and everything was fine, but it has just recently come back again
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:56 am

User avatar Bcass,
If you havent already been there, I would like to refer you to our page on frequent urination:

frequency

As you will see the algorithm starts by deciding if indeed there is an increased output of urine (>2400 ml per day) or not, a condition known as polyurea. Do you fall in that category?
 Dr. A. Rajput - Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:37 pm

User avatar dear bcass15,

have u noticed excess hunger and excess thirst along with increased urination? do u have family history of diabetes ? i'd suggest getting ur bld sugar checked ( both fasting and post prandial)...
take care
a_medico

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us