Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Cannot move foreskin down

rayncarnation - Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:45 am

Hello,
I have had this problem all my life. I have never been able to move my foreskin down. The top opening seems too small. I have tried lubricants to help out but they have not.

I do not know what to do or if anything can be done. As well, I am not sure if this is a common problem. I am not sure if my current state is okay.

Please let me know what I can do.
thanks
ray
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:52 am

Hello Ray,
If you cannot be able to pull your foreskin (if you are uncircumcised) over your glans penis (the head), then surgery is an option most warranted especially if it causes strangulation (causing decrease in blood circulation).

M.D.
 oz - Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:46 am

most probably you have phymosis
it's a pretty common disease...i have the same thing... i have no problems urinating or with the blood circulation but i can't extend the foreskin.....if you want you can go to a urologist and they will have surgery on you...it's easy and quick but it's not my option :) i will try anything else before i go there

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us