Question: Possible current/future kidney damage?

Clankity_Clank - Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:45 am

I have a strange fetish that i shared with a former girlfriend...where wed hold our urine as long as we possibly could because it felt pleasurful to us. I still did it on occasion as a pleasure-type thing...until one day i noticed when I bend over it would feel as if i had some sort of kidney pain (particualary on the left side). The pain persisted for awhile, and I had it checked out with my physician, and had a cat-scan performed (he thought it could be kidney stones), and they found nothing wrong with my kidneys.

The pain has stopped now. I'm just wondering if holding urine too long is bad for you in any way (i don't do it for prolonged periods of time, i just drink some water so i get overfull). And if it would be safe for me to continue this practice.

thanks in advance for your help
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:49 am

User avatar It is not safe to hold your urine, as that can cause bladder infections.