Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Possible current/future kidney damage?

Clankity_Clank - Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:45 am

I have a strange fetish that i shared with a former girlfriend...where wed hold our urine as long as we possibly could because it felt pleasurful to us. I still did it on occasion as a pleasure-type thing...until one day i noticed when I bend over it would feel as if i had some sort of kidney pain (particualary on the left side). The pain persisted for awhile, and I had it checked out with my physician, and had a cat-scan performed (he thought it could be kidney stones), and they found nothing wrong with my kidneys.

The pain has stopped now. I'm just wondering if holding urine too long is bad for you in any way (i don't do it for prolonged periods of time, i just drink some water so i get overfull). And if it would be safe for me to continue this practice.

thanks in advance for your help
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:49 am

User avatar It is not safe to hold your urine, as that can cause bladder infections.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us