Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: hemorrhoids -

PMS - Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:24 am

I don't know if it's the right forum ...
I am 28, thin. I work on the computer, so I sit a lot.
Sometimes, after the bowel movements, when I clean, I see one drop of blood on the toilet tissue ... can it be hemorroids?
I have (almost) none of the sympthoms though:

- Bright red blood on toilet tissue, in the stool, or in the toilet bowl after a bowel movement (just one single drop, when I clean up, not when I have diarrea, though).

- Painful bowel movements (no)

- Itchy anal area (happened only once)

- Painful, hard bump on or near the anus (no)

- Anal discharge of mucus (no, doesnt seem to me).

What can it be, then?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:57 am

User avatar Hi PMS,
Hemorrhoids can present as internal or external and both cause the bleeding in which you describe. Constipation and straining during bowel movements are when symptoms appear the most often. You may want to increase the amount of fiber and fluid (water) intake to decrease episodes of constipation. Of course you should have an evaluation by your physician to assure that hemorrhoids are the cause of your bleeding if it should continue.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us