Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: My penis always hurts. Please someone help me out here.

 Whiskeyblue - Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:35 am

Ok I went to a doctor about this already but he pretty much sent me out with a pat on the back and told me nothing was wrong but there is something wrong and the guy didn't even check anything. Just for the record I am circumcised. Here is the story. For a while now my penis has been sore and not just sometimes but all the time and always in the same spots which are most of the back of the glans and the left side of the glans along with a little of the more sensitive skin below it. this soreness is accompanied by redness most times and it is just always there no matter what. I try to ignore it but any time I touch those areas it hurts. It gets to the point where I don't even touch the head of it when I masturbate anymore because it just would hurt to much. I think that the reason for this is that back a while ago last year I had been getting very creative and exploratory in masturbating and had decided to try some high friction techniques I would take something cloth like and rub it very hard and fast while focusing the friction on the head of the penis. I had always read online that you cant desensitize yourself and you cant hurt yourself masturbating and that the penis does not get callused or anything like that so I felt I would be ok. I got sore from it but it didn't seem all that bad. there was some numbness sometimes but it always went away after a bit. I kept doing it for a long time even when these things would happen and I only stopped when I realized that I was really sure I was losing sensitivity and that I was getting sore allot and without provocation. It was already too late though because my penis was now cracked and the look of the skin wasn't the same. It was now always sore in the more high friction areas and certain areas were so insensitive that they weren't worth even bothering with. I haven't had a good masturbation session in like a year because I cant really feel anything anymore except for pain. I am really freaking scared and I don't know if it is going to be like this for my whole life. I have a girlfriend and I am sort of scared to have sex with her because I think that it is probably just going to hurt. I am only 18 and I might as well forget about the rest of my life if this is never going to get better. I have given up on waiting for it to fix itself because about year is plenty of time. This in not a contact allergy. I have heard this explanation before and I can bet my life on this not being a contact allergy. This is obviously not an STD because I am not sexually active. This doesn’t seem to be an infection. This shows none of the properties an infection would have. I believe I have weakened the skin in that area in some way. I believe I have callused and desensitized the skin and it is weakened in certain areas so that it is now constantly causing me pain. It has been something like three quarters of a year now maybe longer and I really don't think that waiting is going to fix this.
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:31 am

Hello whiskeyblue,

From what you have posted, this may be what we can call a "penile fracture". the connective tissue surrounding the penile shaft may have been traumatized causing it to tear. And because of this, the usual complaint is localized pain, sometimes accompanied with swelling. This usually happens when the penis is in its erectile state and a sudden blow/force is accidentally applied to the shaft. It is better that you see a urologist to rule out this condition.

 southstar - Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:50 pm

Is there a safe way to self-treat phimosis?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us