Question: Urinary urgency with no known cause

Batmann - Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:02 am

My girlfriend began to suffer from urinary urgency last year with no known cause & it is not relieved by emptying the bladder. At times this can be crippling for her and can vary in intensity for no apparent reason. The doctors can offer no diagnosis or anything to relieve the symptoms. Any ideas?
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:35 am

Hello Batmann,

aside from urinary urgency, what other symptoms does your girlfriend feel? what is the result of her CBC and urinalysis?

MD
 Batmann - Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:23 am

Thankyou for the reply. I'm not sure of any of my results although my urologist said they all looked fine. To give you a bit of history i have seen a number of doctors about this problem with no success. I have had 4 cystoscopy's, one which i had a botox injection into my bladder with no success and all the other tests that come with having this problem. I've also been on a number of different tablets which have not helped either. Around the same time this occured i found out i had poly cycstic ovarian syndrome but my doctors don't think it's connected. I am also on anti depressants as this is a very hard problem to deal with and have wondered whether it could all be an anxiety problem although the anti depressants havn't helped the problem and my doctors don't think its entirely anxiety.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated as this is affecting my life.