Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: hows come nobady will answer testical questions??

 angusyoung - Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:46 pm

hows come nobady will answer testical questions??
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:30 am

User avatar Hi angusyoung,
All questions on this forum are important and are answered by people who volunteer their time, and to the best of everyones ability. With that being said, I will respond to your other post. Testicular varicoceles (enlarged veins) commonly presents with a feeling of heaviness or ache in the scrotum, pain, an enlarged "cord" or feeling of a "bag of worms". Conservative treatment when symptoms are mild or nonexistent and fertility is not an issue are scrotal supports. When more significant symptoms are present, and a question regarding testicular damage arises, or there are problems regarding fertility less conservative treatment such as surgery may be suggested. I would suggest an evaluation by a urologist along with a repeat ultrasound.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us