Question: Complete duplication of the left collecting system

mickapoo - Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:39 pm

Thank you for reading my post.

I'll get straight to the point... an IVP was performed, and the report read, "A slight size discrepancy with left kidney larger related to duplication of the collection system. There is a complete duplication of the left collecting system." Can you interpret this for me? Would this be related to any underlying disorder?

Thank you.
 mickapoo - Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:08 pm

Can you also tell me if the complete duplication of the collection system is (or can be) an abnormality associated with Polycystic Kidney Disease?

Thank you very much.