Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Burning sensation during intercourse

 MSGuy - Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:39 pm

A week ago I began experiencing a burning pain during intercourse with my wife of 19 years. We both experienced a burning pain as soon as I penetrated her vagina. It happened a second time a week later. My penis is red and sore. It took approximately 5 days to clear up the first time it happened. The skin on my penis dried out the following days and chafed before clearing.

I had started taking Prilosec a week before the first incident and wonder if this is responsible.
 dsjeya - Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:23 am

the vagina shoud be wet with secretions for lubrication,indulge in fore play

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us