Question: Interruptions during urination

911turbo - Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:52 pm

When I urinate sometimes it gets turned off briefly, then I can continue urinating. It also feels like I havent gotten all the urin out sometimes. Does any of this have to do with a small penis size as well? I am 21 and its emberassing.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:45 pm

Hesitancy, intermittency, terminal dribbling (dribbling at the end of voiding) are caused by a decrease in the size and force of the urinary stream.

Difficulty voiding or abnormalities of the urine stream are usually due to partial obstruction at the level of the bladder or urethra. Absolute obstruction at that level ultimately leads to anuria.

This condition can occur in both men or in women. Men usually get a blockage caused by an enlarged prostate. In women, it is much less common, but can be caused by a condition known as bladder cystocele. Other causes can be bladder tumors or bladder stones, tumors of the prostate, and tumors or other structures around the bladder neck or urethra. It can also be a result of strictures or anything obstructing any part of the lower urinary tract.

I would recommed you have it checked out.