Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Kidney Stones

texasgypsey - Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:49 pm

My husband is 36 and in August he had a sharp pain on his lower right side of the back. The hospitol Dr said it was a kidney stone. Just this morning at 4am, my husband awoke to severe pain, on the same side of his lower back. This time the pain was 3 times as worse than last time. He was in so much pain that he could not even walk or stand up straight. I took him to the ER and was told it sounded like another kidney stone and they told me to take him to a urologist. Why is my husband having these so close pains?
 bassadict69 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:01 pm

Did he pass the first stone?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 pm

User avatar Hi,
In all probability your husband suffered a renal colic. There are other causes as well for this sort of pain but, it may be best to start the work up assuming urinary stone disease as the prime suspect.Cheers!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us