Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Kidney Stones

texasgypsey - Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:49 pm

My husband is 36 and in August he had a sharp pain on his lower right side of the back. The hospitol Dr said it was a kidney stone. Just this morning at 4am, my husband awoke to severe pain, on the same side of his lower back. This time the pain was 3 times as worse than last time. He was in so much pain that he could not even walk or stand up straight. I took him to the ER and was told it sounded like another kidney stone and they told me to take him to a urologist. Why is my husband having these so close pains?
 bassadict69 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:01 pm

Did he pass the first stone?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 pm

In all probability your husband suffered a renal colic. There are other causes as well for this sort of pain but, it may be best to start the work up assuming urinary stone disease as the prime suspect.Cheers!