Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Nasty bump on base of penis

 ign9 - Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:42 pm

I have a nasty looking painful bump at the base of my penis, it goes and then returns every now and then
 willywonka2005 - Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:55 pm

Go and get it checked out. I too have a bump in my penis which seeme to be affecting a vein causign the vein to become swollen. At the end of the day you can surf the internet trying to find answers but you wil never know what it is fro sure until you get it checked out. If you visist you're GP and you are not happy with what they say then demand an ultrasound. Thats what i did and ';m due for an ultrasound on friday. :)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us