Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: urethral stricture comes and goes?

smith22 - Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:24 pm

Several years ago I had surgery for a stricture where I couldn't urinate. It was fine for a while but then came back in the last year or two. I can urinate ok just very slowly, but no pain, usually.

But then I noticed recently for like a week I was able to urinate just fine at full stream. But then it went back to slow.

I'm curious what might have caused it to go away for a bit. Any chance it was diet or something I may have done? I'd like to avoid another surgery is there is something else that can be done.

It was odd that overnight it cleared up and I was normal for about a week then right back to a slow stream.

Any ideas or advice? Can anyone recommend a good doc in the Kansas City area for this type of treatment?
 smith22 - Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:59 pm

Since posting this urination has gotten a little bit better. But it still takes me a long time just to urinate a little bit and then I tend to dribble for a while afterward which is really annoying.

Any ideas or advice?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us