Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: urethral stricture comes and goes?

smith22 - Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:24 pm

Several years ago I had surgery for a stricture where I couldn't urinate. It was fine for a while but then came back in the last year or two. I can urinate ok just very slowly, but no pain, usually.

But then I noticed recently for like a week I was able to urinate just fine at full stream. But then it went back to slow.

I'm curious what might have caused it to go away for a bit. Any chance it was diet or something I may have done? I'd like to avoid another surgery is there is something else that can be done.

It was odd that overnight it cleared up and I was normal for about a week then right back to a slow stream.

Any ideas or advice? Can anyone recommend a good doc in the Kansas City area for this type of treatment?
 smith22 - Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:59 pm

Since posting this urination has gotten a little bit better. But it still takes me a long time just to urinate a little bit and then I tend to dribble for a while afterward which is really annoying.

Any ideas or advice?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us