Question: Foamy urine

sportsdude12345 - Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:54 pm

For the past year or two, my urine has been very foamy. I recently urinated into a bottle to see what happened to my urine. After just a few minutes, the bottom of the bottle collected a large amount of white mass. I do not know if this is protein or not. SOmetimes I do have a burning sensation when I urinate, but most of the time I feel fine. I am just wondering what this could be, if it is serious, and what I should do about it. Thank you for your time!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:18 am

The best thing would be to have it tested. You should have a dipstick test for urinary protein or a simple urine analysis. Depending on the results you may need to collect urine for 24 hours (microalbumin study - positive between 30 - 300 mg albumin per day).