Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Foamy urine

sportsdude12345 - Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:54 pm

For the past year or two, my urine has been very foamy. I recently urinated into a bottle to see what happened to my urine. After just a few minutes, the bottom of the bottle collected a large amount of white mass. I do not know if this is protein or not. SOmetimes I do have a burning sensation when I urinate, but most of the time I feel fine. I am just wondering what this could be, if it is serious, and what I should do about it. Thank you for your time!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:18 am

User avatar Hello,

The best thing would be to have it tested. You should have a dipstick test for urinary protein or a simple urine analysis. Depending on the results you may need to collect urine for 24 hours (microalbumin study - positive between 30 - 300 mg albumin per day).

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us